Things I learned on my first week in Glasgow:
- It's good that I packed a sweater for the 19 degree July days (which, frankly, is my preferred weather, so do not take this as a complaint).
- When the weather forecast says the day will be "dry" it means it's only going to rain a little.
- I'm no longer shocked by cars on the "wrong" side of the road. However, I still haven't developed instincts for where they are coming from: they could come from anywhere!
- There's actually no such thing as jaywalking.
- I'm becoming a more serious tea drinker.
- There are enough cool bars and restaurants around where we live in the West End that I have choice paralysis when we go out for a meal.
- The people are very friendly and nobody freaks out over my "exotic" foreign accent.
- The Doctor doesn't only visit London and Cardiff.